The cooler temperatures of fall are closing in, which means it’s time to shift our focus and needs from air conditioning to heating.
To ensure your system is up to the keeping-you-warm-during-the-cold-months task, it’s essential to prepare it properly.
Follow these simple steps to get your HVAC system ready for fall:
- Test Your Thermostat – Make sure your thermostat is working correctly, including changes in temperature settings. If you haven’t done so, consider updating to a smart thermostat for better energy efficiency and convenience. We have various smart thermostat options to fit your needs.
- Check for Noises and Smells – Since your heating system has been off for a while, make sure to check for unusual noises and smells when you first turn it on. These noises and unpleasant odors may be a sign of an issue.
- Change Your Air Filters – Small changes make a great difference, especially when it comes to your HVAC maintenance. Over time, air filters become saturated with dust and debris, so replace them regularly to ensure proper airflow and reduce strain on your system.
- Clean Your Ducts and Vents – Consider having your ducts professionally cleaned to improve air circulation and remove dust, dirt and any allergens that have accumulated over time.
- Clean Your Outdoor Unit – Remove leaves and debris around your outdoor unit to ensure proper airflow.
- Schedule a Professional Inspection – Having a professional inspect your HVAC system is a critical step before the cooler weather arrives. Certified professionals can assess your system’s condition, identify potential issues, and perform necessary maintenance tasks. This step will not only ensure your system works properly during fall and winter, but also it will save you time and money.
- Schedule Regular Maintenance – Maintaining your HVAC equipment can save you money, maintain indoor air quality and comfort, and avoid emergency repairs or system failure. It can also extend the life of your unit and ensure the manufacturer’s warranty coverage requirements are met. At. E. Smith, we help you proactively maintain your system while saving money through our monthly agreements. Click here to learn more.
To learn more about our innovative heating and air conditioning solutions or to speak with our team members, contact us here.