If you’re concerned about indoor pollution, a whole-house air cleaner could be the solution. These add-ons remove germs and mold spores that thrive in Marietta’s humid climate. They also capture pollen that is responsible for severe seasonal allergies.
Tabletop air purifiers might remove particles in one room, but imagine what a whole-house system could do. If you use portable filtration equipment to remove indoor pollutants, a unit that’s installed within the ductwork near your HVAC equipment will do a better job. These air cleaners process all of the air inside your home. Choose from a range of superior filters that remove and disable all kinds of visible and invisible particles.
Benefits of a Whole-House Air Purifier
- Filters remove pollutants like dust, pet dander, pollen, smoke and mold spores that trigger allergies and asthma.
- Ionized filtration materials capture and disable germs and microbes.
- Electrical current kills bacteria and viruses that cause sore throats, influenza and other illnesses.
- Independent tests showed that 96 percent of germs were disabled within 24 hours.
- Passive and electrical filters process 100 times more air compared to portable units.
- Disposable filters last up to a year and are easy to replace.
- Filter cartridges have a minimum efficiency reporting value (MERV) between 10 and 15. Basic fiberglass filters have MERV ratings between 1 and 4.
- Carrier’s air cleaners use the same technology that’s trusted in hospitals and high-security government facilities.
Using an Air Cleaner
With integrated filtration systems, the air in your home is cleaned up to eight times per hour. These products are silent, efficient and easy to maintain. Thick filter cartridges that slide into the air cleaner remove all pollutants more effectively, including microscopic particles that would pass through ordinary filtration materials.
You can learn more about these systems on our indoor air quality page or by calling E. Smith Heating & Air Conditioning at 678-369-8866. We also install germicidal UV lamps and other air quality products.